To make your experience a memorable one some basic planning will help your visit.
PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
- Tickets to any events or recreational skating must be booked online prior to arrival. Please see our calendar and events for opening and closing times and themed events.
- Vouchers and discount coupons are currently not accepted until further easing of COVID-19 capacity restrictions.
- Before leaving home, check the date and session time of your booking.
- Only bring what you need. Lockers will temporarily be unavailable inline with COVID-19 health and safety measures.
- We recommend if you wish to wear a helmet (recommended for all beginners) that you bring your own. There will be free helmets available if required. The Federal and State Governments recommend where possible, to avoid sharing of equipment which is needed for the head/face.
- If you are feeling unwell and have any COVID-19 symptoms, we kindly ask you to refrain from coming to the venue and see a doctor immediately. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend your booking.
WHAT TO WEAR
Before you leave home you will need to know what to wear. The air temperature in O’Brien Icehouse is a mild 16 degrees, it is best to dress snug. Comfortable, warm clothes are recommended: Layering your clothes is also advised – although you may feel cold when you arrive, a few laps around the rink will get you warm in no time.
There are many alternatives modes of transport as O’Brien Icehouse is centrally located only 2 kilometers from the CBD. Our address is 105 Pearl River Road, Docklands
Melways Ref: 2E D3
Take the Footscray Road, Docklands exit off the Bolte Bridge, travelling in an east-bound direction, simply turn right at Costco. If travelling west-bound along Footscray Road, enter Pearl River Road directly, turn left after Costco.
The District Docklands West Car Park (88 Pearl River Road) is the closest and easiest for parking. Additional parking can be found at the The District Docklands East Car Park (90 Waterfront Way) More info & pricing can be found on their website.
Take the free City Circle tram (from Flinders street or La Trobe Street) direct to the Waterfront City, Docklands stop or from the CBD take the free Tram 70 (via Flinders Street) and Tram 86 (via Bourke Street) will also take you to the Waterfront City, Docklands stop. O’Brien Icehouse is only a 5 minute walk from the last stop along Pearl River Road which is at the set of traffic lights just past the tram stop. Plan your public transport journey here!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before you session time begins.
- Maintain a safe physical distance when lining up at ticketing by following the floor markings.
- Present your ticket either printed or on your phone to the ticketing staff.
- Follow the new COVID-19 health and safety information signage.
SKATE & HELMET HIRE
To get off to a skate start, there’s one essential item: the skates themselves. We have two kinds on offer and which you choose is up to you! Helmets are available but it’s recommended that you bring your own.
FOOD & DRINK
The café will remain closed during the initial stage 1 reopening but there are plenty of delicious restaurants open at The District Docklands. We do ask you eat before or after your session and do not bring food into the venue.
We look forward to welcoming you. See you soon!